1a. Child is becoming looked after (BLA) – PEP is initiated by the social worker* on Liquid Logic and sent securely to education setting ** designated practitioner/teacher/person. The Virtual School is informed.
1b. Child comes into care in an emergency – PEP is immediately initiated by social worker* and sent securely to education setting ** designated practitioner/person. The Virtual School is informed.
2. Social worker contacts education setting and other relevant professionals to arrange initial PEP meeting and informs PEP Co-ordinator. This should take place within 10 days and prior to initial CLA review. Informs PEP Co-ordinator of date, time and venue of meeting.
3. Social worker generates a new PEP form each term, fills in up to the ‘PEP meeting’ point and their locality designated PEP business support officer e-mails a word version, securely to the designated practitioner /teacher /person, three school weeks before the PEP meeting (or as soon as possible for initial PEPS).
4. Education setting designated practitioner/teacher/person prepares the word copy of the PEP filling the form in with the required information and bringing copies to the PEP meeting.
The PEP form must be filled in prior to the start of the meeting.
5. Social worker updates and amends any additional information on the PEP at the meeting, with support from the designated practitioner /teacher /person and brings the PEP paperwork back with them.
Social worker and education setting set the date for the PEPs for current academic year (if summer term set date for autumn term PEP).
6. Social worker hands the PEP to their designated support officer for typing up, they type the PEP up and re-assign to the social worker who checks and finalises the PEP. The business support officer then sends securely to all attendees.
7. Process is repeated from box 3.
• * For 16+ it will be the Leaving Care Worker/PA if 18+
• ** For young children not yet in an Early Years setting the PEP should be sent to the Health Visitor and foster carers (and parents if appropriate) so they can prepare the information needed for the meeting. Social worker prepares any information they may hold about the child’s development. The above process is followed but without education setting input.